- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Syracuse University
- Selected as Super Lawyer 2013 & 2014 in Bankruptcy
- Selected as Super Lawyer 2015 – 2017 in Business Litigation
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- New York
- New Jersey
- All Federal Courts in New York and New Jersey
Joe represents numerous financial institutions, including C-III Asset Management, ORIX Capital Markets, Red Capital, and Torchlight Loan Services. Joe also represents various hedge funds including Black Diamond Capital Management and Fortress Investment Group. Joe has been involved in numerous cases involving real estate finance issues and the purchase and sale of mortgage loans. He has also done a wide range of commercial litigation including securities fraud cases, disputes between partners in closely held businesses and issues concerning valuations of companies and real estate. Joe has also worked with the real estate lawyers in our firm on complex real estate transactions.
Joe has extensive trial experience, having conducted numerous jury and non jury trials in federal and state courts and arbitrations in various forums. He has served as chairman of American Arbitration Association arbitration panels and has been appointed as a receiver by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Recent representations include:
- Loan purchase on behalf of Black Diamond Capital Management.
- Representation of former executive against Goldman Sachs in arbitration proceedings that resulted in the executive obtaining 99%+ of the monies he sought.
- Representation of former hedge fund director in securities fraud case.
- Representation of financial institutions in numerous real estate work-outs and bankruptcies.
- These work-outs include a nine figure mortgage loan on one of the largest office buildings on Long Island and a loan on a large health care facility in upstate New York.